Tuesday, June 07, 2005

"I'm pressing on! All my distress..

...Is going, going, gone! Pressing on! Pressing on!" ~ From Relient K's song entitled, Ironically enough, "Pressing On!"

This weekend past was indeed wonderful with its various going-ons. It was indeed so full of fantastic things, that it is hard to believe that all of it could have happened in one weekend. The highland games in Ferndale went pretty much as expected, with the weather being pleasantly warm and overcast. It was the first time that I had ever been to these particuliar games, but I must say that I like the location alot better than the ones that are held in Mount Vernon. Much of the time was spent walking around with my good friend John, who so graciously let me catch a ride with his family, which I would have otherwise had to make alone, which is no fun at all. Epsecially if you happen to come from a large family, where there is always someone to talk to. We watched some of the young girls do their step dancing, but found that the Scottish country dancers were more fun. All of the usual booths were there, and so we spent a good amount of time perusing all of the various wares, but especially those of the cutlery persuasion and the like. Despite tradition, though, I did not purchase a sword, dagger, dirk, knife, scimitar, or anything that remotely resembled on of the aforemetioned. Instead I bought a T-shirt with the Guinness label on it, written in Irish Gaelic, and a small metal flask.

After returning from our adventures in Ferndale, John and I decided to go and see "Cinderella Man". It was a great movie, and one I would highly suggest that anyone and everyone I know go and see. Seriously.

Cow also came and visited us this weekend in the great metropolis of Arlington. A good rollicking time was had by all, as we watched "The Village", went for a walk and got the jibblies, went to church, moved pianos, went and saw "Cinderella Man"(my second time that weekend), and did the filming for the YFL news video with Perkins on Mon.! All in that order too! We also managed to squeeze in an interview with the gregarious Hanka via phone with Alex being her voice, and Cow impersonating Stiny, while we were driving in my truck. Much to suprise and delight we also stopped for a brief respite at the Russell's house where we sang "America the Beautiful" in our(Cow, Alex, and I) strong masculine voices while sitting in their driveway!

And...



...I think that that about covers everything that I did over the weekend! Until the next post, God Bless!!!