Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm blowing this joint!

At least for the weekend, that is. Starting at about five am tomorrow, I will be on my way to sunshine, family, food, and good times in that far off and magical land known as eastern Washington.

Sat. will be spent feasting and partying away to celebrate the graduation of one of my cousins, and bidding farewell to her and her older brother who will be going off to the navy in very short order. This twil be wonderful, as it has been awhile since I've seen these particuliar cousins, and we always have a rollicking good time just running around and not worrying about anything.

At the cessation of the festivities on Sat., we will head on over to my Grand-parent's house in Toppenish to spend the night and Sunday with them. Again this will scads of fun, as I haven't really gotten to spend any alot of quality time with them in a long, long while. I guess thats one of the drawbacks of having a job.

And then its back on Sunday evening to my good ol' hometown of Arlington to celebrate the Fourth. We've come and partaken of the festivities in the past, but this is the first year where we're actually living here. I'm really looking forward to it all! First, I'll be starting it off by competing in a short tri- athlon that is held every year, another first for me. The next highlight will be marching in the parade for John Koster, one of the local politicians that we try to do campaigning for. And then we'll wrap it all up with fireworks somewhere that night. I'm not quite sure where though, yet.

What do you all do for the 4th?

In other news, I finished reading The Compleat Gentleman by Brad Miner. I would highly recommend it, but only to guys.I have also taken on reading Lewis' Space trilogy, and am about half way through the first book.

Anyway, thats all I have to write about for now. Hope you all have a safe and fun 4th of July, and remember to think about and pray for our servicemen and women, who are the reason for us being able to celebrate this holiday. God Bless!