Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Time for a little 'Zesty' update!

Well have I played the part of the negligent writer these days past, of which number there are not few. With the longing of the bee, who yearns for his work, have I wanted to word my adventures of these days. But, alas! I have been denied those things which the completing of this task necissitates, the chief of which I name as the lack of internet access. Coupled with the lack of material to write about is the you can discern the cause of my negligence!

Seriously though, I have been extremely busy since my last post, and I haven't even had time to think about what has happened since my last post until now. I will now attempt, however, to lay down as best as I am able the events spanning from my last post until now. Now let's see...

If my memory serves me well, the first major activity that I was able to engage in would be flying on the 15th, followed by another on the 17th. Both focused soley on Touch and Goes, which is basically flying in the traffic pattern at the airport, landing and taking right back off, then doing it all over again. On the fifteenth, my flares( the part of the landing on final approach where I transition from the landing attitude to the touch down attitude) were really rough, which led to some rather bumpy landings. This was rather frustrating to me, but I was able to improve it on my flight on the 17th, on which all of my landings were better, and I had two really good ones. I hopefully be going flying tomorrow, and if I am able to nail my flares and be consistent on my landings, then I will be able to solo!

Saturday was the next day full of activities. To start it all off, we made a trip up to Canada to attend my cousins baptism. It was done in the traditional Latin rite by an Australian priest from the Fraternity of St. Peter, who was visiting the Archdiocese of Vancouver. The most moving part of the ceremony, however was when the priest took the baby in his arms, walked up to the statue of Mary to the side of the altar, and holding him out towards the statue, consecrated him to Mary. Afterwards, we had a jolly good time eating lunch, walking around downtown Vancouver, and talking with the priest about everything under the sun. Then we headed back to the church and went to confession, followed by a private Mass. I can't think of a day that was as well spent as Saturday, nor a better birthday.

Sunday was spent in Seattle seeing a production of Singin' in the Rain goin down at the Fifth Avenue Theater. The theater was simply magnificient, as was the performance. Definitely worth seeing says I!

And that is all I can remember, and hopefully thats all I did. It would be really bad if I had done something worth remembering and didn't remember it, if y'know what I mean;)