Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"Remember you are dust,..."

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, which marks the begining of the forty days of fasting and penitence known as Lent in the Catholic Church. I am extremely looking forward to it this year as a time for some serious spiritual growth. Last year we kicked lent off with a viewing of Mel Gibson's, "The Passion of the Christ", followed by a 24-30 hour fast and guys's retreat. I think this year, only the girls will be having a retreat, but I plan on watching, "The Passion", again sometime during Lent. Another aspect of this upcoming season, is the willful giving up of something you enjoy for the duration. I have yet to think of what I am giving up, and despite my tradition I will NOT be giving up coffee. I will however be limiting myself to 1(one) cup of the brown goodness per day.

What are you going to be doing for Lent, and why? Also, if you happen to have any ideas as to some other things that I might be able to do, please go ahead and spout them off in the comments box.