Monday, January 24, 2005

Up in the wild blue yonder...

I went flying today, and it was glorious! It wasn't too warm, it wasn't too cold, it wasn't too bright, as a matter of fact it wasn't too much of anything. Thereby it was a perfect day in the happy medium of Washington. After pre- flighting the airplane, my instructor and I hopped in and took off from Paine Field in Everett, and headed off East and then North to the Arlington Airport to do touch and go's. This was loads of fun for several reasons. First, I had never flown from one airport to another, and so had to do infinitely more than I had ever done while flying the airplane. Second, I love Arlington's airport. And I could go on and on about the reasons I like to fly and today in particuliar, but I will continue with the narrative.

After leaving Paine we headed out over Lake Stevens, and flew around in there while I got my bearings and started getting Arlington's weather, and changing all of my frequencies. Then after listening to the weather, and determining which runway was in use, I manuevered the airplane to get in the traffic pattern. Once we reached there, we did about five touch and go's and then headed back to Paine field. I made a near flawless approach and landing there, and then came to the library. I love flying!